CARH BROADCAST E-MAIL – Annual Meeting Update
As the famed cherry blossoms are blooming in our nation’s capital, we are busy planning the 2022 Annual Meeting & Legislative Conference, to be held on Monday, June 27 -Wednesday, June 29, at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, in Arlington, Virginia, conveniently located just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC and less than five miles from Reagan National Airport.
CARH’s national conferences are consistently regarded as among the premier affordable rural housing meetings in the country. We will deliver an exciting and engaging program with leading industry experts and government officials, who will deliver the latest information on regulations, pending legislation, and trends that impact your business.
During the two and a half day meeting, attendees will hear from CARH’s legislative and policy experts, government officials, and industry stakeholders about key topics, legislation, regulations, and policies affecting the affordable rural housing industry including:
- Funding for affordable housing programs, particularly rural multifamily housing for Fiscal Year 2023
- Long-term preservation solutions for the rural housing portfolio
- Furthering the public-private partnership that has developed throughout the years through the use of the Housing Credit and Bond programs
- Tips to effectively manage your business
- How to raise awareness with Congress and the Administration on the long-term needs of the industry and how both branches of government must respond to meet those needs, and much more!
The CARH standing committees will convene on Monday, June 27. This is your opportunity to promote the issues you’d like CARH to advance through its legislative work, or benefits and services you would like CARH to offer the membership. There will also be time to meet and greet the loyal vendors and service providers who offer goods and services to the industry, often at a discount.
CARH is also planning two receptions to meet and network with industry colleagues. We are very excited to announce that Monday’s reception will be held at the International Spy Museum in Washington, DC, whose mission is to educate the public about espionage and intelligence in an engaging way. It provides a context for understanding the important role intelligence has played in history and continues to play today. Attendees will be able to tour the museum and see the original James Bond Aston Martin DB5, a George Washington spy letter, a real-life lipstick pistol, spy cameras, hidden microphones, and all things espionage-related!
The networking reception at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City on Tuesday, June 28th will feature an auction of five sought-after items! Proceeds from the auction will benefit the CARH Scholarship Foundation. The results of the CARH 2020 program will be revealed as well. CARH 2020 ranks the top rural housing owners, developers, and managers in the industry. If you have not already completed this year’s CARH 2020 survey, click here and submit your response no later than Friday, May 20, 2022.
On Wednesday, June 29th, the Scholarship Foundation will hold a breakfast honoring scholarship recipients from 2022, 2021, and 2020. Everyone should make plans to attend this exciting, moving, and unforgettable event!
- Register Now – CARH is pleased to offer “early bird” meeting registration at a preferred rate until April 22, 2022! Meeting registration and pricing information are available by clicking here or at carh.org. Reserve your place today by completing and submitting the meeting registration form.
- Reserve Your Room Now – CARH is also pleased to provide meeting attendees with a preferred rate at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City until Friday, June 3, 2022. For reservations, please call the hotel at 703-415-5000 and reference the “CARH” room block, or reserve online by clicking here. The discounted room rate is $295 per night for single/double occupancy guestroom.
- Become a Meeting Sponsor Now – Finally, we encourage you to become a meeting sponsor and help support this key industry event! Please click here for the CARH Sponsorship Form or visit carh.org. The sooner you send in your Sponsorship Form, the earlier your logo will be part of CARH’s pre-meeting materials!
The detailed meeting brochure will be available in the coming weeks. For travel and planning purposes, the meeting will begin at approximately 9:00 a.m. on Monday, June 27 and end by approximately 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 29. Register now to take advantage of the reduced meeting rate!
Please contact the CARH national office at email@example.com or 703-837-9001 if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you in June!!
For other news and information affecting the affordable rural housing industry, please visit the Newsroom on www.carh.org.