CARH BROADCAST E-MAIL – Midyear Meeting Update
The Council for Affordable & Rural Housing is pleased to announce the 2023 Midyear Meeting will be held on Monday, January 23, 2023 – Wednesday, January 25,2023 at the award winning Cheeca Lodge & Spa in Islamorada, Florida! The famed Cheeca Lodge in historic Islamorada is within a 90 minute drive of the Miami International Airport.
CARH’s national conferences are highly rated among the premier affordable, rural housing meetings within the United States for quality content, and we plan to offer attendees the full Midyear Meeting experience of 2023. Over two and a half days, attendees will participate in an engaging and thoughtful program featuring industry experts and government officials who will present the latest information on regulations, pending legislation, business practices, and trends that impact your business and the entire industry.
REGISTER BY NOVEMBER 27 TO RECEIVE THE “EARLY BIRD” DISCOUNT!
YOU will be the first to hear from CARH’s Washington experts, government officials, and industry stakeholders about key topics affecting the affordable rural housing industry including:
- Funding for affordable housing programs
- Long-term preservation solutions for the rural housing portfolio
- Furthering the public-private partnership that has developed throughout the years through the use of the Housing Credit and Bond programs
- Tips to manage your business most effectively
- How to convey to Congress and the Administration the long-term needs of the industry and how both branches of government must respond to meet those needs
- And much more!
Featured events will include presentation of the prestigious Harry L. Tomlinson Award, the State Affiliated Association of the Year Award, and the Member of the Year Award, all of which recognize leaders in the industry for their participation, support, and achievement. Be there to honor and celebrate your colleagues who have excelled in the affordable housing industry and enhanced the industry through their achievements.
The CARH standing committees will convene on Monday, January 23. The committee meetings give attendees the opportunity to promote issues you’d like CARH to advance through legislative or regulatory work, or benefits and services you would like CARH to offer the membership. There will be ample opportunities to also meet with our loyal vendors and service providers who offer so much to the industry.
As many of you may recall, our 2023 Midyear Meeting was originally to be held at the Ocean Reef Resort in Key Largo, Florida. Regrettably, the Ocean Reef Club recently made the decision to cancel our confirmed contract for the January meeting. After extensive research and negotiations, CARH was able to secure this wonderful location for the Midyear Meeting!
Our meeting headquarters hotel will be the breathtaking and newly renovated Cheeca Lodge & Spa, a boutique resort on Islamorada in the Florida Keys. Cheeca Lodge offers exceptional accommodations, endless activities, luxurious amenities, and an impeccable staff. This splendid resort provides a welcome retreat with spacious rooms, suites, and private casitas. The hotel sits in a tropical paradise that includes a 1,100 foot long private beach, three restaurants, full-service spa, and a variety of watersports and fishing activities. In fact, Islamorada is the sportfishing capital of the world and Cheeca Lodge is a premier destination for both serious anglers and casual fisherman. Charter a boat and find over 500 species of fish within minutes from shore or cast a line from the end of their 525-foot pier – the longest in the Keys. A host of other activities can be found at the hotel, including snorkeling, sea kayaking, bicycling, golf, and scuba diving. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to enjoy a stay at this amazing resort on one of the most beautiful Keys!
- Register Now – CARH is delighted to offer “early bird” meeting registration at a preferred rate until November 27! Meeting registration and pricing information are available by clicking here or in the Meetings Section at carh.org. Reserve your place today by completing the meeting registration form.
- Reserve Your Room Now – CARH is also pleased to provide meeting attendees with a preferred rate at Cheeca Lodge & Spa until January 5, 2023. For reservations, please call the hotel directly at 305-517-4481 (8:00 a.m. – 6:00 pm. Eastern) and identify yourself as part of the “Council for Affordable and Rural Housing” group or use Group Code 8396. Or reserve online by clicking here. The discounted room rate is $495 per night for single/double occupancy guestrooms.
- Become a Meeting Sponsor Now – Finally, we encourage you to become a meeting sponsor and help support this key industry event! Please click here for the CARH Sponsorship Form or visit carh.org. The sooner you send in your Sponsorship Form, the earlier your logo will be part of CARH’s pre-meeting materials!
The detailed meeting brochure will be available in the coming weeks. For travel and planning purposes, the meeting will begin at approximately 9:00 a.m. on Monday, January 23 and close at approximately 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25. Register now to take advantage of the reduced meeting rate!
Please contact the CARH national office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-837-9001 if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you in January in Islamorada!
For other news and information affecting the affordable rural housing industry, please visit the Newsroom on www.carh.org.